Artillery Genius Firmware with Marlin 2.0.1
The Artillery Genius is awesome and the firmware it comes with is properly configured, but unfortunately it uses an older variant of the Marlin firmware and it lacks some features.
It is recommended to upgrade the Artillery Genius Firmware to Marlin 2.0.1 in order to get all the features it offers.
Why should you upgrade to Marlin 2.0.1 ?
Compared to the original firmware, the firmware i compiled has the following features implemented:
- Save to EEPROM
- P.I.D. Autotune option for hotend – also added tuned PID settings for hotend and heatbed.
- Manual Bed leveling
- Linear Advance 1.5 enabled and configured K Factor to 0.13
- S Curve Acceleration and Adaptive Step Smoothing is enabled
- Added preheat presets for PLA and PETG
- Babystepping Z enabled
- Quick Home enabled for faster homing
- Changed Feedrate and Acceleration values for smooth and silent operation
How to flash Artillery Genius Firmware with Marlin 2.0.1
First, you need to flash the board firmware. I am using Prusa Slicer to flash.
- Download the Marlin 2.0.1 for Artillery Genius
- Open Prusa Slicer
- Go to Configuration -> Flash printer firmware
- Select the firmware.hex file provided, and choose the correct serial port for your printer
- Click Flash! and wait for the process to finish.
After flashing the firmware, make sure you first run the G-Code provided, to reset to factory defaults and clear EEPROM. Copy the .gcode file on your SD Card and “print” it.
You can also run the following commands in sequence:
Flash Artillery Genius LCD Firmware
- Download TFT Firmware for Artillery Genius
- Copy the contents of TFT Firmware for Artillery Genius folder in the root of the SD Card
- Plug your SD Card in your printer
- Start the printer and wait for the flashing process to finish
- The printer will reboot when finished
Some users reported that the flashing process may not work using the guide above. If this happens, you need to remove the bottom cover of the printer, and disconnect the screen (White cable, with 4 pins).
After disconnecting the scree, the COM port is not used anymore, and flashing will work.
Most of the settings used were taken from Robscar‘s firmware, so all credits should go to him. I just adapted some settings to work with the Artillery Genius and updated to Marlin 2.0.1.
Use at your own risk! The firmware and Config Files are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
If you want to customize your own version of Marlin, you can visit the Thingiverse page where i also uploaded the source files.